Wednesday, January 19, 2011

zumba

Last night I had my first encounter with Zumba. A friend had given me a pass for one free class at her gym and I thought Zumba would be fun to try. I had seen the infomercials and seen the facebook updates from my friends already acquainted with this Zumba thing. Through my experience I learned a couple of things about life......

1. There is nothing more revealing of all your flaws than a wall of mirrors. Although I spent most of the Zumba hour watching the instructor doing all I could to follow along, I did unfortunately catch a few glimpses of myself. I have known for some time that I had put on some weight, however it became glaringly obvious in the funhouse mirrors at the gym!! Rather than smash the mirror into tiny pieces, I chose to rise above and make a plan to lose the excess.

2. There is nothing more humbling or fun than gathering a group of women together doing latin/tribal dancing! We were all equals. We were all there for exercise and to have fun no matter how uncoordinated. I really enjoyed myself and am looking forward to one day knowing the actual steps.



If you've ever been curious about Zumba or wanted to take a class, do it!! Don't think, just go!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try Zumba but am not confident to do it on my own...thanks for the fun post and maybe one day I'll actually do it!!

    ReplyDelete