Friday, September 10, 2010

TGIF?

Fridays are usually the highlight of the week for me. I know that Fridays mean two whole days of family time, sleeping in, and fun are in store for the weekend. That is until it's my husband's turn to work a weekend (this weekend is his weekend). My husband, Micah, works maintenance at a retirement home. All the maintenace guys take turns working weekends due to the fact things still break down on Saturday and Sunday. With all the guys taking turns, Micah only ends up working a weekend about every 5-6 weeks. When he works a weekend, he get Friday and Monday off to avoid overtime. We then use those Friday and Mondays for our son's doctor appointments or to run errands.

Now I know this may not seem like a big deal, but as a stay at home mom I really look forward to Micah coming home and spending time with him. Most days, he is the only adult interaction I get. Micah also works part time with his dad, who owns his own HVAC company (in fact, as I write this, Micah and his dad are out working). So, our time together is important to us. When Micah works a weekend, I feel cheated. We have lost our weekend. I know I am whining now. Sorry....I'll be more upbeat in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment