Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Minty Muse

This is where everything started. My peppermint lip balm was the beginning of Bohemian Botanicals. For years I was using a name brand all natural peppermint lip balm. These Indiana winters are harsh and said lip balms were a lifesaver with their soothing, cooling feel!! I bought as many as I could at one time and had one in every coat, my purse and even around my house! Then this company decided to keep raising prices on me and I couldn't afford to get the lip balms I needed. I got fed up!!

I took to the internet and researched how to make my own lip balms. I wanted to know how to get that cooling peppermint feeling in my homemade lip balm and discovered peppermint essential oil. The ingredients and supplies were soon bought and I began a journey. Knowing not everyone would like peppermint, I also chose raspberry and vanilla flavors for lip balms. I made my first batches and gave them out to friends and family. They were a hit!! And I was hooked! Since then, I have added to the flavors I make and also to my product line, but I am still in love with my peppermint, my muse!!!


You never forget your first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment