Monday, August 15, 2011

Oooooo, that smell.......

This weekend I decided to pay homage to my southern heritage. As a girl growing up in the South, I was exposed to many different (and fabulous) foods......fried chicken, sweet tea, and cheese grits to name just a few. One of my favorites is known by a few names: shrimp boil, crab boil, low country boil.......but they all mean one thing.......YUM!! Plus, you get to use the best spice combination man EVER created....Old Bay Seasoning!!!!!!

Here is the actual recipe........it is also mandatory that you listen to southern rock while you cook (I chose Lynyrd Skynyrd).


 
here's all the ingredients ....so excited!!!



sun tea is a MUST!



no southern meal is complete without cornbread (the corn muffins were regular size however, this picture makes them look huge!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment